Accelerated BSN Programs In Terrell Hills TX
Accelerated programs for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing have become so popular in the United States that over 200 nursing colleges offer them. The main reason why accelerated BSN programs are so appreciated today is that unlike the classic Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs that require up to 48 months to complete, the accelerated programs seldom exceed 18 months in length. In other words, after passing the licensing examination the student will become a registered nurse. However, why spend four years in college when accelerated BSN programs have the same outcome, and allow you to get your certification within one year and a half?
Popular Accelerated BSN Schools Near Terrell Hills TX
- Our Healthcare programs prepare graduates for a booming Healthcare industry allowing them to apply their classroom knowledge in our simulation labs during educational scenarios and training exercises.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing completion program (RN to BSN) expands knowledge in areas of research, theory, leadership, community concepts, healthcare policy and current trends in healthcare.
- The RN to BSN program is specifically designed for students to increase their understanding of advanced nursing roles. A Registered Nurse (RN) License is required prior to admitance to this program.
- The Master of Science in Nursing Education (MSN) is uniquely focused on nursing education. This program fosters independent learning and cultivates an in-depth understanding.
- Students learn to implement nursing course curriculum using evidence-based practice throughout the duration of the MSN program while engaging in scholarly work, research and teaching practicum.
- At Hallmark University, we designed our simulation labs and facilities to look and feel just like a hospital and modern healthcare environments.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing (RN to BSN)
As it happens with the classic, four-year long BSN programs, the accelerated Terrell Hills TX nursing programs also encompass vital information from subjects like nursing informatics, social sciences or nursing science. After getting the Bachelor’s Degree in Science of Nursing, you will be able to fill various teaching, consulting or administrative positions. However, in order to be eligible for an accelerated BSN program you firstly need to hold a non-nursing degree, and you must understand that during the 11 to 18 months of accelerated training, it is unlikely to have breaks of any kind and you may find it very difficult to hold an outside job while completing the accelerated BSN program. Depending on your qualifications and training, you can easily find a job as a registered nurse and earn as much as $70,000 per year, therefore it will be worth the training.
How To Choose An Accelerated BSN Program
Unable to parse entered address. API response code: REQUEST_DENIED
In addition to accreditation which is by far the most important aspect you need to consider, it is also important to pay attention to the location of the program that offers the degree. Accelerated BSN programs require a lot more classroom time and hands-on training than typical four-year programs, and this means that you should choose a college that is close to you, one to which you can get without too much effort. It is not uncommon for students of compressed BSN training programs to spend over 40 hours a week studying, this is why online courses are often a better alternative to land-based training programs.
Going from RN, LPN or LVN to BSN in Terrell Hills
The type of program you are about to enroll in is also very important, as you need to pay attention not only to the training schedule but also to the overall cost of the program and whether or not you are eligible for financial aid. In order to get the best training in the field, you need to thoroughly analyze the study schedule just to make sure that the Terrell Hills TX accelerated BSN programs and the non-accelerated programs cover the same subjects.
On the other hand, it is important to check the NCLEX exam passing rate, as it will allow you to make an impression about how good the school in question really is. If the passing rate is disappointingly low, then you should reconsider your options: while it is true that the final exam is very difficult and students need to work hard, sometimes the passing rate is low simply because the accelerated program is not good enough, which means that you should keep looking.
What can I say, I’m impressed. I was able to research all the accelerated BSN colleges in Texas and found one that fit my needs. I was actually lucky enough to secure a grant which means I will have a much easier time financially!