Accelerated BSN Programs In Georgetown NY
There is a reason why over 200 colleges across the US offer accelerated BSN programs. The main reason why accelerated BSN programs are so appreciated today is that unlike the classic Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs that require up to 48 months to complete, the accelerated programs seldom exceed 18 months in length. This way, students can become registered nurses a lot faster than they would expect. After all, it is understandable why tens of thousands of future registered nurses opt for accelerated BSN programs every year.
Top Accelerated BSN Schools Near Georgetown NY
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Nursing (Registered Nurse - R.N. to B.S.N)
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- M.S. in Nursing: Health Care Informatics (Bridge)
- And more...
- RN to BSN
Recognized by the U.S. News and World Report for: Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s 2017, Best Online Programs, Grad Education 2017 and Best Online Programs, Bachelor’s for Veterans 2017
- RN-BSN (Bachelor of Science) - Online
- Dual Degree: MSN-MBA (MSN-MBA) - Online
- MSN Nursing Administration & Leadership (Master of Science) - Online
Just like the traditional programs in Georgetown NY, the accelerated ones also include training in math, social sciences and other subjects that will be essential for the future registered nurse. Upon graduation you have various options to choose from in terms of career, as you can opt for a teaching position or for an administrative position, the latter being very well-paid at the moment. However, in order to be eligible for an accelerated BSN program you firstly need to hold a non-nursing degree, and you must understand that during the 11 to 18 months of accelerated training, it is unlikely to have breaks of any kind and you may find it very difficult to hold an outside job while completing the accelerated BSN program. As stressful as they may be, an accelerated BSN program is usually the fastest way to a high paying job that can often exceed $70,000 per year depending on your qualifications.
Choosing The Most Suitable Accelerated BSN Program
It is extremely important to choose a school that is not far from the place where you reside. Accelerated BSN programs require a lot more classroom time and hands-on training than typical four-year programs, and this means that you should choose a college that is close to you, one to which you can get without too much effort. It is not uncommon for students of compressed BSN training programs to spend over 40 hours a week studying, this is why online courses are often a better alternative to land-based training programs.
Going from RN, LPN or LVN to BSN in Georgetown
The eligibility for financial aid, the cost of the accelerated program or the study schedule should not be neglected either. In order to get the best training in the field, you need to thoroughly analyze the study schedule just to make sure that the Georgetown New York accelerated BSN programs and the non-accelerated programs cover the same subjects.
On the other hand, it is important to check the NCLEX exam passing rate, as it will allow you to make an impression about how good the school in question really is. A low exam passing rate should certainly get you thinking, as perhaps it is better to keep looking, since you have over 200 schools to choose from.
Thanks for putting together such a helpful resource. I was able to look into the different accelerated BSN programs in New York and found one that fit my needs. I just wish I could find more info on grants and stipends…